Friday, March 27, 2009

Kenzie's Doll clothes

I am so proud of myself. I have had fabric since November wanting to make doll clothes for Mackenzies American Girl Doll. They are so expensive to buy. I didn't have to guts to try it before when mom was here because she didn't feel up to helping me. I have been sewing more since the playgroup moms in Amanda's playgroup have all been making quilts. I took my sewing machine and my serger (than you mom) and a couple of the ladies were able to give me basic lessons. I then worked on a lap quilt and finished the top which I don't really like how it turned out (probably because of the fabrics I chose but it was just for practice and my first one and using what I had) and then I decided to try the doll patterns. I figured since the money was already spent on the fabric it couldn't hurt any. I did the easiest pattern I had and this is the result. I love how it turned out. Mackenzie is going to be so excited! I think I will be able to make a few more for her before she gets back. I already have another one done (they only take me one evening - couple hours each). I have another quilt to start on but I think I feel more successful with the doll clothes and the end result so I don't know when I will get it done.

2 comments:

  1. loved all of the pictures...that girl is a happy one Mackenzie loved the doll dress...she was very excited...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought those American doll were so pretty. Kenzie is lucky to have one and you did a good job on her dress.

    ReplyDelete