Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 11 - My birthday




33 and what a great day it was! First, I got to go take one of my tests for teaching. I had been dreading for months how it was on my birthday and ended up being a blessing in disguise. I got to take a 2 hour drive with no kids, set in a school and take a five hour test about schooling which I love, drive back 2 hours alone, make a pit stop for ice cream to reward me for how good I felt I did on the test and a birthday gift, stop at a scrapbook store to browse, bead store to browse, Joann's to browse then come home to the kids where Kaylin was fixing the frozen pizza's that were bought so I would not have to cook (a reward since I usually make things from scratch up here). Next, I took a shower and no one walked in and asked any questions (first time in probably eight years). Finally, I come back in and I have a birthday cake and the house was picked up. I am not sure I could have had a better day at all. Amazing how the older you get the cheaper the nicest gifts get!

3 comments:

  1. glad you birthday was so Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you did well on your test...and I know you did. You look just like you did at 13. Your face is full of love and giving. We all love you. I know you are far from home, but it sounds like a better place than the AZ heat and sun.

    Have a good summer and bday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes some days I am just surprised I woke up...

    ReplyDelete