Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kaylin all dressed up!

Well, last night was crazy but it was worth it! Kaylin has a friend in AZ that she still talks to all the time but they don't get to see each other. Adam called earlier in the week and was flying in for his aunt's wedding this weekend. He invited Kaylin to the wedding and reception. Well, she con't stay the whole time (6 - 11) because there was NO WAY I was staying in Seattle with 3 kids in tow waiting for her. I decided I could take Mike clothes shopping while we waiting on Kaylin and kill two birds with one stone.
I may have done that but let me tell you - Yesterday was a long day! I should have layed around and read until it was time to go but no. I guess I am definately one of those people that the more I have going the busier I make myself.

Darrel says he called at 4 am and I talked for 30 minutes. I don't recall so hopefully it was an enjoyable conversation. Then I was up at 5:30 am (not sure why when my typical time is 7 am). Then I took Jake to the dentist and we went out together for some famous "STARBURTS" I fugured after the dentist was better and it did get him in the chair and mouth open. (haha) Next I decided I was doing something with most of the kids so I might as well make it a special day. Kenzie and I went to the gym and played racquet ball (what fun that was. Kenzie is not coordinated and I am old! BUT we had lots of fun). Then we went upstairs and worked out on the machines. Kenzie loved that too. We stopped by the library and picked her up some books before we headed home. Then it was time to fix Kaylin's hair and get dressed so we could get off to Seattle. The wedding was held on a docked ferry at Lake Union. Kaylin thought that was cool.
While she was there Mike and the little ones headed with me to Northgate mall for clothes shoppping with Mike. Now mom can tell you, it is not fun shopping with Michael for school clothes! I went in totally bind! Darrel had told me earlier that day "Kris, Mike is like me. don't worry about price or anything. Just walk in the store and find the boys section and have him pick out what he wants. Don't ask him are you sure or anything. Try it on and if it fits buy it". Okay, anyone who knows me would know this is a feat because I am a deal shopper but I wanted Mike to enjoy this and so that is what we did. We walked into JCPennies and I said "go for it" and he said "Do we have to shop here?" Okay, so we went out into the mall and went looking for a guys shop comparable to RAVE or something. Guess what, he is still barely in kids clothes so that really limited the stores. We passed game stop and all I heard was "I got clothes at home, can't we just stop and get a game for my DS instead?" Forget that 3 of his 6 pairs of jeans have knees ripped out and another pair are too tight in the butt. Well, we ended up back at JCPennies and after trying on the first pair (which did not fit because Mike is a weird size) he says can't we just grab a few pair and buy them these are fine as he was holding his breath and sucking in his gut then needed my help getting the button undone. TWO hours later we walked out with 4 pair jeans, 4 short sleeve shirts, 6 long sleeve shirts, and two belts. I gave up on the undies and socks. I decided I would just get them at Wal-Mart and by myself! Amanda and Jake were really good considering. It was only the last 15 minutes Jake was saying he was ready to go. Boy, he is going to be just like Darrel with shopping too! I am not looking forward to that. I think from now on it will be a yearly thing for Mike and Darrel to go shopping and I take the girls!
It did turn out to be a good and productive day but I was falling into my bed by 9:45 last night and I did not stay up to read a chapter or two in my book. Darrel would have been proud if he had been here.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I do not enjoy that picture Aunt Krissy. But now you have one for prom since i am not going to be involved with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so nice in the green dress. I looked at all the other photos too. Mike sure is a back hoe man!

    ReplyDelete