Monday, September 17, 2007

One more day..ah....

Well, I got up to go to work this morning thinking again like I did last night of how busy this weekend was and how I just wanted one more day off. Well, did I get my wish or what. My sitter (Billy's wife - Kimmie) called and said she was sick.
I called in and was able to get a sub (a good one at that which makes it easier not to worry all day unlike some days I have taken off) and typed up sub plans in 45 minutes (which sometimes takes me 2 hours) and we were home by 8 am to relax and enjoy the rest of the day and that is exactly what we did.
Amanda and Michael watched a couple movies, Jake who has been staying up a lot more lately (only napping an hour in the morning and 2 hours at nap time) slept until about 11 am then got up, ate, and went back to sleep until 1:45. I read a book (Harry Potter #3 - I saw all the movies and then I had to read all the books and find out what other good stuff they left out!) and sat on the couch with Amanda all day. Around 1 pm I got up and picked up from the breakfast and lunch mess and picked up the living room we had lived in today. I went to the bank and then made it in time to pick up Mackenzie from school. It was an overall great day!
The evening felt just as long and just as slow which was nice considering we still got dinner, homework, and playing done for the night.

And it is 8:45 and I am ready for bed. I am not even staying up late (unlike Melissa who has just started work at home and IT IS 8:45 PM)

Hope everyone is sleeping and having wonderful dreams. I hope I just sleep like Amanda is now.

3 comments:

  1. Mymanda...as Benjamin calls her does not have a care in the world until someone takes her shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda reminds me of my girls.
    I am glad you took a day off. i htink I need one, as I am very tired.
    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete