Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas tree









Well, we have not quite done Christmas traditions the same this year. I have always gotten the tree down the weekend of Thanksgiving. The last 8 years with Darrel though it has not always happened. (One year it went up the week before Christmas!) Well, anyway, then the kids decorate it and everyone gets to help while we listen to Christmas music. This year we tried three different nights to do the tree but Mackenzie was gone each night. Twice to grannys and once to a neighbors. Each time Michael kept asking and I would say "We will do it latter when Mackenzie gets back". Good thing he knows how likely it is that she will be back. I came in the first morning and Mike had a few ornaments up. The next morning he had finished all the ornaments. The next morning he had put the garland on. I know it is not done but it still looks pretty good for just one 6 year old doing the tree. Hopefully this next weekend we will be able to finish it up and add a few other touches. I will try to get a picture of him standing by it later this week.

2 comments:

  1. It does look so much better....now the kids can play outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree....I still do not know what I am doing with mine....

    ReplyDelete