Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yard work again





























Well, it is amazing what 15 - 20 boys can do in an hour and a half. Our neighbor is a sheriff and a really good guy. He is the leader of the boy scouts group in our neighborhood. He called today and asked me if I would like some help with yard work. He had some boys needing to earn community service hours. I said "sure, come on over". At 7:30 they showed up and brought lights (it was dark by that time - which is why the pictures are so bad), tools, and off they went. I think they did more work in 1 1/2 hours than I have done in two solid weeks (and one week I was off and did a lot in the yard - or so I thought it was a lot)














Well, here is the end result. - No weeds along the fence. If you look at last nights pictures of yard work there are weeds all long the fence. Lights up on the house. Front and back mowed and weeded, hedges trimmed up and all the trash piled out to the road because bulk trash pickup is this next week.














Those are some great guys!

4 comments:

  1. wow, can they come to arkansas and do community service work in my yard ?? do they mop floors ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a change.....it is so nice of them to do this.....and I can't think of a better person to help....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yard looks really good.

    I hope Darrell gets to come home for xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yard looks nice. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete