Thursday, December 8, 2011

April

Yard Work, Flowers, and Summer is on the Way!


April brings better weather that allows us to work in the yard. We rented another machine to be able to clear the front yard. The kids enjoyed getting to drive the tractor and dragging the ground to rid it of blackberries. Darrel hopes to plant grass in the front and hopefully it will fill in and we can get a playground up the next summer.  There is so much that we want to do and it seems like not enough time to do it all in. 
My tulips are coming up already and they are looking beautiful. Hopefully I will get to enjoy them all summer long. I am still amazed at how beautiful they look open and that each night they close up.  My favorite smelling flower would have to be the hyacinthia's though.  They remind me of the flowers in the leis that we got from Hawaii on our honeymoon. The blue flowers are the hyacinthia. 

Jake's 4!
Jake turned 4 this year. He is getting so big. He is always so easy to please. It takes just the smallest things. He is allergic to so much but doesn't see anything wrong with not having things. He will tell anyone "I can't have that but I can have...".  He is so smart. His little quirks have gotten so much better. He has also learned that his tantrums do not get him everything he wants. However, he still has times when nothing you say can help. He is usually so happy go lucky though. Pajamas have become a staple in his wardrobe and the silky long sleeve shirts with jeans. I think he still preferrs his pajamas though.  His mind is very analytical and he still takes things so literal.  It is funny to listen to his talk.  I'm sure with four siblings it won't take long and the humor will start showing through. He is really looking forward to starting school soon. He can't wait. A year and a half. Maybe then I can go back to work. Hopefully I will be able to find a job. I'm ready, that's for sure!





1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed seeing and reading about all your family. Hope the next year 2012 is another great one for all of you.

    ReplyDelete